Owners Name: Seth Godin
Price: 100% Free Site
Rating: 60 out of 100
Squidoo is a free site where people can write about anything they want (for the most part) and earn money.
There are lots of advantages in writing at Squidoo. Here are some of them.
- Squidoo has Google adsense and infolinks on squidoo pages which earn money. The money earned is put into a sort of pool. Lensmasters each get a cut of the earnings based on the ranking of their lenses.
- There are sales modules(Amazon and eBay) that you can add to your page when someone buys something Squidoo get paid. They split the earnings with you 50/50.
- If you own a product, you can sell it on your Squidoo page and make money
- Writing on Squidoo and linking to your website can be an effective way to give your backlinks.
- You can write reviews and share your affiliate links on Squidoo.
Disadvantages of Squidoo:
- Since you don’t own your Squidoo sites, Squidoo can lock your lens or shut down anytime they want. Learn some of the risks of writing at Free Sites Like Squidoo.
- It takes a lot of time and effort to make money with Squidoo.
- In the past, Squidoo lenses ranked really well with Google. Now, not so much.
Here is my Squidoo story…
I had been writing on Squidoo for over 6 years and I have earned a nice income while doing so. I found that when I created a page at squidoo it was usually indexed with Google very quickly and I could generally see traffic pretty quickly. By writing Reviews on my favorite Amazon products I earned a nice part time income with Squidoo and Amazon combined. My best month was in 2012 when I earned just under $2000 in one month.
It took a lot of time and work to make money with Squidoo. In order to make that $2000 I had over 400 pages, And it took me over 4 years to get to 400 pages.
These days Squidoo doesn’t get the Google love that it used to get in the past. Sadly, I earn very little income from my Squidoo lenses.
Squidoo made me thousands of dollars. So I will always love Squidoo. And most of all Squidoo is where I got to first experiment with affiliate marketing, keyword research and SEO. Squidoo is what helped me realize I wanted to be an affiliate marketer.
Today, sadly I have to give Squidoo only 60 out of 100. And here is why. This blog is about helping others. And I honestly can’t recommend Squidoo to anyone who wants to make real money with affiliate marketing. If you want to make real money then you need to read my review of Wealthy Affiliate.
If I could go back in the past, I would be creating my own websites. But I don’t have any regrets with the years I spent at Squidoo. I believe that everything happens for a reason and I made a lot of good friends there. Squidoo was instrumental in helping me find Wealthy Affiliate.
I would recommend Squidoo to someone wants to get some experience with writing but isn’t quite ready to create their own website. Squidoo is a good way for a newbie to get their feet wet. Squidoo is easy and fun.
PS. Be sure to read about The risk of writing at Free Websites Like Squidoo.