Owners Name: Seth Godin
Price: FREE! 100% Free Site
Rating: 90 out of 100
There are lots of advantages in writing at Squidoo. Here are some of them.
- Squidoo has Google adsense and infolinks on squidoo pages which earn money. The money earned is put into a sort of pool. Lensmasters each get a cut of the earnings based on the ranking of their lenses.
- There are sales modules(Amazon and eBay) that you can add to your page when someone buys something Squidoo get paid. They split the earnings with you 50/50.
- If you own a product, you can sell it on your Squidoo page and make money
- Writing on Squidoo and linking to your website can be an effective way to give your backlinks.
- You can write reviews and share your affiliate links on Squidoo.
Disadvantages of Squidoo:
- Since you don’t own your Squidoo sites, Squidoo can lock your lens or shut down anytime they want. Learn some of the risks of writing at Free Sites Like Squidoo.
- It takes a lot of time and effort to make money with Squidoo.
Here is my Squidoo story…
I’ve been writing on Squidoo for over 6 years and I have earned a nice income while doing so. I find that when I make a page at squidoo it is usually indexed with Google very quickly and I generally see traffic pretty quickly. By writing Reviews on my favorite Amazon products I earn a nice part time income with Squidoo and Amazon combined. My best month I earned just under $2000.
But keep in mind it take lots of time and work to make money on Squidoo. For example I have over 400 pages that have been writing over a 6 year period. So yes, it takes time.
So what do I think of Squidoo? I love it! I think for someone who has zero money but is willing to invest some time, Squidoo is a good option.
I would recommend Squidoo to someone who is looking to earn a little bit of extra spending money or likes to write for a hobby. Squidoo is the perfect way for the total newbie to get their feet wet. Squidoo is easy and fun.