Amazon Mechanical Turk Tips Tricks
Recently I have been getting really great results with Amazon Mechanical Turk. For those who don’t know what Amazon Turk is, it is simply a site where people, called workers can make extra money by doing jobs requested by an Amazon Turk Requester. You can read more about Amazon Mechanical Turk here.
1. Be Efficient: One of the minor annoyances that I have with being a worker at Mturk is that often I will choose a hit only to find that there are no more available. But I found an amazing solution. And that is by using the new worker website. You can try out the new worker website by simply clicking on the link at the top of your dashboard.
I love the new Amazon Mechanical Turk website because I can sort my hits any way I want. I prefer to set mine by “created”. This way I can click and work on hits that have just been created most recently. It is way less likely that they will already be snatched up by someone else. I find this strategy helps me to quickly run through many hits, which means extra cash for me.
2. Be focused: When I work on Amazon Turk, I treat it as a job. I make sure I am in a quiet room with limited distractions. I don’t even have the tv on. And mostly I do hits when I’m home alone. The reason for this is because I have found I can run through and do lots of hits in an hour. Usual, y I only do about an hour a day and I can usually earn a decent amount of extra spending money.
Another important reason to be focused is that many of the surveys had attention checks to make sure you are paying attention. Of course, they do. They are paying you to do a good job. So be sure to pay attention and do your best.
3. Do Surveys: Many people will disagree but this is my personal opinion. I prefer to work on Surveys rather than other tasks. I find that I get through them very quickly and I actually really enjoy them.
4. Do hits that pay: I prefer to do the hits that pay 20 cents or more. By doing this strategy, I have found that I have been able to make a decent hourly wage. And since I’m only looking for an extra $5 to $10 dollars a day this strategy seems to work. However, sometimes I do smaller hits as they can just take a few moments to do. And the little hits can add up as well.
5. Establish yourself as a worker: It is really important to be accurate when you work on hits. If you have a task rejected it will lower your worker rate. Having a low worker rate limits the hits that you get. You don’t want this to happen. I have found that the higher my worker rate is, the more high-paying hits I get. And this means I can make more money.
I hope you find these 5 Amazon Mechanical Turk Tips & Tricks helpful. I would love to hear any of your tips as I’m always looking for ways to help people make money online.