But really this is where the real work begins. We now know how to make money online , but now we need to begin to start and maximize that affiliate marketing income.
So let me share with you my 7 tips to maximize affiliate marketing income and take it to the next level.
- Don’t go link crazy! It can be fun watching money come in when people click your link, but you will get better results if you link less often and only link to products that you whole heatedly believe it. People will trust you more. And folks buy from people they trust!
- Keep doing what works! It really is simple. Even if you only got one little sale of $1 you can do it again! So figure out what caused that sale to happen and keep doing more of it. So if you got a sale, because you told your story, keep sharing your story. Or maybe you got a sale because you wrote a great review. Keep writing more reviews.
- Write about several smaller and more targeted niches. Yes, you may get a little bit less traffic overall, but you will be getting traffic from people who want what your are recommending. This will increase your close ratio significantly.
- Be engaging and Build relationships with your readers. Again, it goes back to trust. When people comment on a post, respond right away and answer their questions. Don’t be afraid of those who disagree either. It is about being yourself and being open with people.
- Be yourself. People like it when writers are open and tell a story. Let folks know who you are and how you can help them. Don’t be afraid to be real!
- Write as often as possible. This can be difficult, especially if you have several different sites, like I do. But the more content you get on your site, the more active it appears and the more traffic you will generate. So write often.
- Don’t try to be perfect. Nobody is. Just be yourself and people will follow you.