One of the best ways to make your website strong and full of content is to get lots of comments on your blog posts. Getting more comments on your website is very important because it helps to add value. And the more content you have, the better you will rank with Google.
If you are not getting comments on your site then you will want to read on to learn some of the ways you can improve your site so people will be eager to leave you a comment.
But first, you need to take a hard look at your website traffic. You see if people are not reading your posts in the first place, you are not gonna get comments. So getting traffic should be your number 1 priority.
If you are getting good traffic and no blog comments, don’t worry. You can get readers to start leaving you comments today by simply making a few changes to your posts.
- Make it easy for people to comment. I have had times when I really wanted to leave a comment on a blogs post, but I couldn’t because wouldn’t take my Captcha code even though I typed it correctly. Or the site wanted me to pick some sort of avatar. Sometimes I’ve even seen where there isn’t even a place to leave a comment. Do yourself a favor and make sure it is really easy for people to leave you a comment.
- Write conversationally as if you are talking to a friend. Be fun. Express yourself. Be interesting. In other words, don’t be boring. Don’t write like you are writing an essay. Instead, write as if you are just being yourself. When people enjoy what they are reading and feel a connection with you, they are more likely to leave you a comment because they will want to join in the conversation with you.
- Make sure your site is visually appealing and easy to read. I know for me, If I hate the design (the theme is too dark or busy)or it hurts my eyes (text isn’t broken up and grammar is horrible) to read a blog, I will not read the post. Not sure? If you are not sure if you site is appealing to the potential commenter, then ask for site feedback. This is where you will get honest feedback on your blog.
- Ask questions about a topic that will strike up a lot of passion. Or ask for success stories. People love to talk about themselves and experiences.
- Ask Lots of questions. Ask your readers what topics within the niche are important to them or ask them to give let you know what some of the challenges are for them. This will get you more comments, but it will also give you some ideas for new future blog posts.
- Always link to at least one other blog post within your article. This way, if this post doesn’t interest them or motivate them to comment, they may be inspired to comment on another post.
- Put the social share buttons as close as possible to your comment section so people will hopefully share your post as well as share it. Or perhaps they will at least share it or “like” it on Facebook.
- Leave quality comments on other relevant blogs. Often the author of that blog with reciprocate. But also if you write an insightful and interesting comment, people may click on your website to learn more about you.
If you just do a few of the above suggestions, you will start to see comments on your blog. But if you want to hurry the process a bit by trying any of these ideas.
- Join a blog commenting group on Facebook or get a comment buddy where you each help each other out by leaving comments on each others blogs.
- Join Wealthy Affiliate and host your blog their. You will then be able to join in with the SiteRubix Site Comments section and get blog comments while helping to put comments on other people’s blog posts.
- You could buy genuine quality comments through Fiverr.
I hope you found this information helpful. By the way, if you leave a comment below, I will be happy to visit your site and leave you a quality content with a minimum of 30 words. 🙂