Learning how to make money with a blog or website is a great skill to know. I think everyone can use a little bit of extra cash and my goal here is to share with you some of the most effective ways to monetize your blog. Many of these methods I use myself.
But first, I want to bring up a really huge point. And that is that Blogging is NOT about making money. It is about helping others by sharing your experience. The reason why I say this is because there is a huge difference between a “money blogger” and a “passionate blogger”.
A “money” blogger is someone who blogs just for the purpose of making money. A Passionate blogger is someone who is passionate about what they write about. And if you are a blogger, you are probably thinking that blogging is about making money.
I get it!
But the difference between the two kinds of bloggers is the content. Readers can tell if you are excited and care about what you write about. When you are passionate you can connect with your readers. And by connecting you build a trust with them. Once you have this trust and following, it is much easier to monetize your blog. Because people trust you, they will want to buy the products that your recommend.
You will have way more success then the person who is just sharing affiliate links and advertising.
So if you have an established blog or website you are way ahead of the game. Now you can think about adding some money strategies.
Don’t have a blog or Website? No worries. You can Learn How to Make Your Own Free Website today by clicking the link at the top of this page.
6 Ways To Make Money With A Blog
- Add Google Ad-sense or info-links to your blog. With Google Ad-sense you let them place advertising on your page. When someone clicks your advertisement you get paid.
- Sell your products. You can write an eBook and sell it on your blog or you can sell physical products that are created by you.
- Share affiliate links. This is when you sell someone else’s products and they give you commission for referring someone to them. The most popular affiliate program out there is Amazon.com. The most effective way to make money by sharing affiliate links like Amazon.com is by writing product reviews.
- Banner Advertising- You can create banners for your own products or use banners from your affiliate program. The important thing with banner advertising is to make sure it makes sense and works well with your niche. For example, if your niche is Pet food, then a “work from home” banner wouldn’t make much sense.
- Build a list of followers. You can do this by capturing your readers name and email. Then down the road you send them a newsletter. Within that newsletter you can use any of the advertising methods we talked about.
- Sell banner space. If you have a blog that gets lots of traffic, you can charge people a price and let them put their banner or text ad on your site. Again it is important to make sure they banner makes sense with your niche.
So now you know how to make money with a blog.
One last point:
Although all of these methods work to create income it is important to NOT go overboard. Stick with a few that work and make sure you don’t make your site look like a big advertisement because it will be a huge turnoff and you will lose readers.
I hope you found this helpful. I would love to hear from you. Please leave comments below!