Have you ever read a blog post that was all just one big block of text? You know a boring page of text. Did you find it difficult to read the entire article? Did you even want to read the article. When I read a page of nothing but text, it’s like my brain shuts down and says “too much information for me to digest”.
When people read on the internet, they want the information, but they don’t want to take the time to read every sentence. Believe it or not, people tend to scan through an article rather than read it.
If a page is just one big block of words then visitors feel a sort of “brain overload”. Reading your article will seem boring and overwhelming. They will not read your words. At least I wont. Would you?
So with this knowledge we need to set up our page in a way to get visitors to read it. It needs to be visually appealing, smooth and fun. Your Readers eyes should be able to flow down your page.
So here are a few of the things I do to make my pages easy on the eye.
When you get a reader to your blog, don’t you want them to actually read your article? Of course you do! So let me share with you some of the ways I make it easy for visitors to quickly read down and scan my page.
6 ways to make your page more appealing to readers
- I separate blocks of sentences into shorter paragraphs. Every few sentences or so, I break into a new paragraph. I find people are more likely to read it this way.
- I also like to use headers to give people a good idea about what I’m writing about.
- When I have a list of items I like to break them up with bullet points. It just helps the reader to quickly scan and see the points I want to get across to them.
- I also like to add a photo to my page. I find that it helps to make my page more appealing. Plus many people are visual readers. They prefer to see images on your page.
- I try to be useful and honest when I blog. I don’t write just to write. I give genuine information that I feel will benefit my reader.
Something that I like to do when I finished writing is go back and read the text. I want it to be smooth and sort of flow. This is something that gets easier to do the more you write. I tend to write conversationally as if I’m talking to a friend. I find it much easier for me to get my points across and I get to be myself.
I hope you found this information useful. Please feel free to leave me your thoughts and ideas for making a blog post more appealing to the eyes.
PS. Another important aspect of writing a good blog post is engaging with your readers. If you want some more tips for success I suggest reading Writing Blog Posts That Engage Readers