As an affiliate marketer and blogger, I find that my biggest time waster is procrastination. And it isn’t something that I do intentionally. It is just that when I intend to write, I find that I am easily distracted but stuff that seems like more fun then writing.
But procrastination will kill any business. So I always focus on what will make me money in the long run first. Then I do the fun stuff. Here are some of the ways that I avoid procrastination online.
- Goals: Be sure to have clear goals of what you want to achieve in your business. And remember that those short term goals are just as important as the long term ones. It is what you do daily that will help you achieve success in the long run. Keep focused on those goals.
- To Do List: Most people find that they get more things done if they work from a list. I know for me it really helps me to stay focused on what I want to get accomplished. And it is fun when you get to start checking items off of that list. It really gives you a great sense of accomplishments when you are completed your list.
- Do Yucky Stuff First: I like to do the stuff I dread first, which for me is the boring stuff. This way I get it over with quickly. Then the other stuff comes naturally and its fun.
- Make the Task Seem Smaller than it is: Break it down into smaller steps. For example, if writing a post sounds overwhelming to you, then just focus on writing out some ideas of what you want to write about. Then you can start expanding on those ideas. I often find when I do this, I end up with a complete article anyway.
- Make it a Game: Set a timer for 10 minutes and see how fast you can get the task done. I often find that I want to keep going and get annoyed when the timer goes off. So I realized that it really is about getting started. Once I get started, things start to happen.
- Do Not Disturb: Keep interruptions to a minimum. By turning off your phone and television you will be able to focus more on the task at hand. It is okay to ask family members to give you some space to work on your business. They will appreciate it when they get to enjoy the benefits your business brings.
- Accountability Partner: Maybe you can find yourself an accountability partner. Find someone who works online like you do and let them know what you want to get done each day. At the end of the day, let them know how you did. I know I always get more done, when someone is going to check up on me.
These are some of the Ways to Avoid Procrastination Online that I find work for me. Do you have any that work for you? I would love to add them to my list. Please leave a comment below.